The Grounds Guys landscape management franchise announced record franchise growth year in 2012, expanding from 37 franchise locations at the end of 2011 to 94 one year later. The Grounds Guys offers a comprehensive range of grounds care and landscape management services to residential and commercial clients.
Entrepreneur magazine recognized the franchise's fast-track success by naming it to its elite Franchise 500 list for the first time in 2013, ranked at number 299. Each year, the magazine recognizes the top 500 global franchise brands by financial strength and stability, growth rate, and size of the system.
Founded under the name Sunshine Brands in Canada in 1987, The Grounds Guys expanded into the U.S. in 2010 as a subsidiary of The Dwyer Group. In little more than two years, The Grounds Guys has grown its U.S. presence to 34 states. Approximately 70 percent of the new franchises in 2012 are "conversions," rolling business in from an existing landscaping or lawn care business. Throughout 2012, The Grounds Guys received more than 1,300 franchise applications from entrepreneurs across the country.
In the fourth quarter of 2012, The Grounds Guys awarded 15 new franchises, scheduled to open by Spring 2013:
- Lester Curry, The Grounds Guys of Mesquite Country, Three Rivers, Texas
- Ralph and Janice Parton, The Grounds Guys of Destin, Niceville, Fla.
- Kaleen O'Connor, The Grounds Guys of the Potomac Hills, Silver Spring, Md.
- Santos Salinas, The Grounds Guys of Corpus Christi, Portland, Texas*
- Allan and Pamela Guenther, Bixby, Okla.
- Lindsey Spearman, St. Simons Island, Ga.*
- Frank Milihram, Gainesville, Va.*
- David Winter, Poultney, Vt.
- Stacey Ryder, Deville, La.
- David Reid, Grant's Pass, Ore.
- Dimitrius Rodriguez, Neosho, Mo.*
- Randy Minor, Fort Pierce, Fla.
- Michael and Tracy Hood, Richmond, Texas
- Mark Gregory, Spartanburg, S.C.
- Michael and Kelly O'Connell, Louisville, Ky.
(*Participant in The Dwyer Group's VetFran program for military veterans)
In addition, Dominic Parente, owner of The Grounds Guys of Old Hickory Lake, Tenn., expanded his service territory. For additional franchising information and to hear stories of successful franchise conversions, visit www.groundsguysfranchise.com