Greenzie autonomous mowing software is launching its 2.0 version today, March 6. This latest software update, sent over-the-air, will automatically install for all subscribers. It includes:
- Job Saving and Reloading: map an area once and mow all season with the press of a button on an easy-to-use interface with no app download required.
- Job Continuation: Mower or job interrupted? Pick up where you left off easily.
- Advanced Perception Updates: a Machine Learning model with traffic cone detection in addition to our existing redundant, ever improving rugged obstacle detection sensor stack.
- Improved Turns: using a Model Predictive Controller – a robotic guidance system that accounts for wet grass and dusty conditions. It won’t rut the lawn.
- Enhanced Safety: GPS jump detection, compensation, and advanced sensor health checks.
- Improved Dynamic Local Planner: offers more efficient Y-turns and vehicle behaviors when the mower encounters unexpected obstacles.
“All mowers across the nation get these updates and every day our technology gets better and better. I’m especially proud of the job reloading, it’s a feature that everyone asks for, and our team developed based on exactly what our best customers told us to build, in the field with them together, not off in a lab,” says Charles Brian Quinn (“CBQ”), Greenzie CEO and co-founder. “Our team of roboticists, software engineers, and landscaping professionals have been working hard on continuous improvements. This update is simply a line in the sand to celebrate the features that our customers have asked for, helped us refine, and developed together to make their crews more productive.
Updates planned for later in the 2023 season will add:
- Dynamic handling of slopes in real-time: while it is already fine on slight slopes, it will now replan and retry akin to how a skilled operator might tackle bigger slopes.
- Enhanced Job reloading features: tweak your starting point, change the stripe angle, and modify the default speed, all from a phone without an app download.
- Multi-mower coordination: Have a really big field? Send out two or more Greenzie-equipped mowers and they’ll seamlessly break up the big jobs and tackle it as a team.
- Record and repeat: Have a really tough field? Show the Greenzie-equipped mower exactly how you want it done, and it will cut the same time, every time.
- Live mowing progress: Real-time coverage stats and plans, directly on the field when and where you need it to see how the job gets done.
Over 100 Greenzie-equipped mowers across the U.S. are being used by customers and as demo units at select outdoor power equipment dealers. Greenzie is in production and in the field with the Wright Autonomous Stander ZK, the first Greenzie equipped mower based on the Wright Stander ZK. Additionally, Greenzie powered versions and upfits on commercial zero turn mowers from Bobcat, Scag, and Mean Green Mowers will be available and in production by 2024.
For more on battery-operated mowers, see What’s In The Market For 2023?