HERNDON, Va. — The National Association of Landscape Professionals and program sponsor CNA announced the recipients of this year’s Safety Recognition Awards Program.
The national program is designed to acknowledge landscape industry professionals who consistently demonstrate their commitment to safety. All landscape industry companies and branches are eligible to enter.
“NALP and CNA work together through this program to help companies maintain the highest safety standards,” said Rick Cuddihe, Landscape Industry Certified, chair of NALP’s Safety Committee. “These awards are an important way to recognize and encourage those companies that are excelling.”
This year, 132 companies submitted entries and 349 awards were earned for the performance period from Jan. 1, 2014, through Dec. 13, 2014.
Award categories include “No Vehicle Accidents,” “No Injuries or Illnesses” and “No Days Away From Work,” as well as the “Overall Safety Achievement Award.” Companies that participated in previous programs were also eligible for the “Most Improved” category.
The “Overall Safety Achievement” award honors those companies with high-performing safety programs that create and maintain safe work environments in the landscape industry. Companies are eligible for this award if they demonstrate outstanding safety performance in the workplace based on their combined fleet and employee incident rates.
The “Best of the Best” award was earned by the following companies who, for the past three years, have maintained the “Overall Safety Achievement Award—Gold Level” status:
- Arlington Lawncare & Landscape Inc.; Lake City, Pennsylvania
- Greenleaf Services Inc.—Linville; Linville, North Carolina
- Keep It Green Landscaping; Fair Lawn, New Jersey
- Lightfoot Enterprises Inc.; Vidor, Texas
- Mirrorscapes, LLC; Landcaster, Ohio
- No Ka Oi Landscape Services; Hanapepe, Hawaii
- Quality Lawn, Landscape & Fence Inc.; Casstown, Ohio
- Raimondi Horticultural Group; Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey
- Trio Outdoor Maintenance, LLC; Mount Clemens, Michigan
Recipients of the “Best of the Best” and “Overall Safety Achievement” awards will be recognized on stage during NALP’s LANDSCAPES 2015 awards recognition dinner on Oct. 22, 2015, in Louisville, Kentucky.
View last year’s recipients here.